This is a full time position serving adults, youth, and seniors with a focus on refugee services to our refugee community in the Noble neighborhood.
Along with serving on the reference desk, and adult programming committee, the focus of this job is to expand services to our growing refugee community and to continue current offerings. This person will lead the library in determining appropriate activities to serve this audience of all ages. Dedication to serving underserved and people from diverse backgrounds, compassion, deference, patience, and excellent communication skills required. Experience in outreach and in creating community partnerships a plus.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in library science from an accredited institution.
- Desire and ability to work with the public and comfortable taking “building in-charge” duties.
- Knowledgeable of reference resources and have the desire to help customers when and where they need assistance.
- Excellent technology skills and aptitude for helping customers with computer programs such as Microsoft Office and web based programs such as Overdrive eMedia Collection.
- Experience using SIRSI and Bibliocommons a plus.
- Valid Driver’s license and transportation required.
- Public library experience helpful.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customers’ needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Salary commensurate with experience – salary range $39,200 to $58,800. We offer OPERS, health insurance, life insurance, vacation and sick leave benefits. Schedules will include daytime, evening and weekend hours for a 40 hour workweek.
Applications are available at our website http://heightslibrary.org/jobs/.
Mail to: HR Manager, CH-UH Public Library, 2345 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing your application.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer