What do we do? We provide the highest quality library and information services to our patrons. We assist in literacy efforts, promote lifelong learning and provide service to people of every age, income level, location, ethnicity or physical ability and provide a full range of information resources that are needed to live, learn, govern, and work.
What do we need? We are in need of a public services manager who will lead our Circulation and Shipping departments. This person will hire, train, supervise and evaluate a staff of 33 employees. They will also be responsible for the management of the circulation process that provides excellent customer service for a system that circulates approximately 2 million items a year. The library is part of Clevnet, a consortium of 43 library systems across 12 counties in Northeast Ohio. CLEVNET provides their patrons with shared access to more than ten million items. As the manager you will also function as the manager in-charge of the Lee Road Library on a rotating basis.
The successful candidate will have the ability to analyze the needs of customers and the library, have strong supervisory skills and experience, think of appropriate, realistic solutions to problems and be empathetic to customers and staff.
- Demonstrated experience and success supervising others in a service industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Background in a customer service industry that provides excellent customer service
- Experience working with business management software (ERP) with integrated applications
- Experience managing a budget and report generation
- Hands-on management style but not a micro-manager!
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience supervising a busy department
- Even stronger communication skills
- Ability to both demonstrate and inspire a positive attitude
- Passion for outstanding customer service
- Passion for supporting a mission of providing the highest quality library and information services for all people. For more information about the mission of a public library see: http://www.ala.org/offices/oif/basics/ifactionII
We are committed to and value a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. This is a 40 hour a week position that includes rotating nights and weekend shifts. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service to our customers and the Circulation Services Manager is instrumental in maintaining our record of excellent service.
To be considered, please submit our application (available on our website, http://heightslibrary.org/jobs/), cover letter and resume, by May 12, 2015 to Human Resources Manager, Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library, 2345 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118 or email to Jobs@heightslibrary.org.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer