View full digital copies of your favorite magazines with the Zinio digital magazine service. Magazine issues don’t have to be returned so they are available to you at any time. Read online or download issues to your computer or mobile device. You must have a current Heights Libraries card to use this collection. The library subscribes to over 150 titles. Click here to see the current list. Only these titles are available for free viewing. Additional titles may be purchased from the Zinio site.
Read the User Guide for step by step instructions on setting up an account or follow the directions below. You will need:
- A computer or a mobile device with the Zinio app installed
- A Heights Library card number
- An email address
Getting Started – First Time Users:
1. Create an account at Zinio.com. This is where you will read your magazines. (If you already have a Zinio account you can skip to Step 2)
- Connect to Zinio.com using your browser, NOT the app.
- Click Register and create an account IMPORTANT: The email account used to create this account must be the same email address used in step 2.
2. Create an account at the Heights Libraries’ Zinio Site. This is where you will select your magazines.
- Connect to Heights Libraries’ Zinio site using your browser, NOT the app.
- Leave the email/password areas blank
- Click the Create Account button
- Enter your barcode number, click Validate
- Enter your email address/password/name (first name is fine), click Create Account. IMPORTANT: The email account used to create this account must be the same email address used in step 1
- Check your email account for an email from RB Digital Portal
- Click on the link to activate your account
- Go back to the library’s Zinio site, click Return to Login
- Type your email address and password
3. Install the Zinio app on your mobile device.
- Download the Zinio app for iPad | Android | Kindle Fire | Blackberry Playbook
- Open the app and tap the settings icon
- Sign in with your email address and password
A mobile device is not necessary as magazines are easy to read on a computer or laptop. There is no app for the Nook Tablet, Nook HD or ebook readers such as the Kindle, Nook Simple Touch or Sony.
How It Works – If You Already Have Accounts
Select a Magazine:
- Connect to Heights Libraries’ Zinio site using your browser, NOT the app
- Log in with your email address and password
- Click on a magazine to place it in your Zinio account
- A new window will open asking you to log in to your Zinio account
- Click “Sign In Here” and sign in to your account. The magazine you selected will be in your Zinio account. Click on it to start reading.
Select More than One Magazine
- Follow the instructions above to place a magazine in your Zinio account
- Click on the tab “Return to Library Collection”
- Click on another magazine
- The tab with “My Library” will turn orange
- Continue to select magazines
- Go to the “My Library” tab (your Zinio account) to read them
Read Your Magazines Online using a Computer or Laptop
- Connect to Zinio.com using your browser
- Log in to your Zinio account
- Click “My Library” or “Read”
- Click one of your magazines to open it
- See the information at right on Using Zinio on a Computer
Read Your Magazines using a Mobile Device
- Open the Zinio app on your mobile device or PC or Mac
- Magazines that are faint with a down arrow need to be downloaded, tap the arrow to begin downloading. IMPORTANT: You must be online to download the magazines
- When the download is complete you can read that magazine offline
- Only magazines that have been downloaded through the app (for PC, Mac or mobile device) can be read offline
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I check out a magazine from the library’s Zinio site?
Use your browser (not the app) to go to the library’s Zinio site and follow the steps above to log in and select a magazine.
How do I read a magazine that I already have checked out?
Read magazines from your Zinio account on a computer or mobile device:
- From a computer that is online, connect to your Zinio account. Log in then click “My Library” or “Read”
- From a computer, use the Zinio Reader 4 app for PC or Mac.
- From a mobile device, use the Zinio app. Remember to download the magazine to your device while you’re online.
How do I remove magazine issues from my Zinio account?
- Connect to your Zinio account using your browser (not the app)
- Log in and click “My Library” or “Read”
- Click the Edit button near the top of the screen
- Click the Remove button under each issue
Can I print from a magazine?
Print options are determined by the publisher. You may be able to print a single page, a range of pages or none at all. In order to print you must be logged in to your Zinio account using a browser or the PC/Mac app. Click the printer button on the bottom left side of the screen. Printing is not available from the mobile app.