- Locations / Hours
- Art Gallery
- Ask a Librarian Now
- Community Outreach
- Computers and WiFi
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing and Visually Impaired
- Foreign Language Materials
- Foundation Center
- HKIC / Media Lab
- Home Repair Resource Center
- Interlibrary Loan
- Loan Periods and Policies
- Pickup Lockers at Lee Road
- Publications on Microfilm
- Request a Proctor
- Request for Reconsideration
- Digital Media
- We Recommend
- How Do I…
“Opening Doors, Opening Minds”
Opening doors and opening minds is our commitment to the community.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1921. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customer’s needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place, and provide an environment where all are welcome. Please visit any of our four locations and experience being a part of this vibrant and diverse community.
The library and its policies are governed by a seven-member Library Board and a Board-appointed Director and Fiscal Officer. The Fiscal Officer serves as the Clerk-Treasurer and overseas the library’s financial affairs.
Mission, Vision & Values
Approved July, 2005
Opening Doors, Opening Minds
We will know we are succeeding when…
- Our services and facilities appeal to all ages,
- Our collections, services, and staff are outstanding,
- We have established the library as a Third Place, or “someplace other than work or home where a person can go to… feel part of the community,”
- We remain focused on the needs of our customers.
We place great value in:
- Education and literacy,
- Understanding and responding to the needs of our customers,
- Effective management of financial resources,
- Assuring that our libraries remain free for all,
- Effective management and development of human resources, resulting in a diverse and culturally competent staff,
- Quality in all we do,
- Intellectual Freedom,
- A climate for innovation and change,
- Respect and tolerance for diverse viewpoints and individual differences,
- Integrity and ethics in the workplace,
- Shared organizational decision making and responsibility,
- Open, timely, and effective internal and external communications.
- Contributing to a culture of respect and comfort for all.
Strategic Planning / Balanced Scorecard
To learn more about our Strategic planning and Balanced Scorecard, click here.
For a brief history of the Heights Libraries visit the Chronology.