Cleveland Heights-University Heights
"Opening Doors, Opening Minds"
Freegal - DRM free music
Heights Libraries is pleased to offer our cardholders Freegal, the free downloadable music library! If you have any comments or questions about this new service, please send an email to email@example.com.
Freegal now available on Android and iOS mobile devices
Download the app from iTunes or the Android Market using the following QR codes or links.
Once the app is installed you will have access to the following features:
- Title search – Type the title or author in the search box. Click Search. The results list is returned with related titles and RSS feeds. Click on a title to view the title details page.
- Access your account – Click the Account icon at the bottom of your device. Type your Library ID and PIN. Your ID will be retained after the first inquiry. Under Account you can access your current loans, review the status of your requests/holds, or view fines.
- Renew an item – Click Account and once logged on, click Loans. Find the title you want to renew and click the Renew button.
- Place a request/hold – After locating the item, click the title and then click the Request/Hold button on the title details to save the item. If not already logged on, you will be asked for your library account information. Check the status of the item in your account information under Request/Hold.
- Feeling adventurous? Give your device a shake! A title will be randomly selected for you from your library’s suggested title list.
Freegal User Tips
Here are a few tips to help you start downloading your favorite music quickly & easily.
Current limits are set at three downloads per week. Your counter will set back to zero each week on Monday morning. Then you can download three more tunes during the new week. If you do not download your three songs in any given week, you lose those three free downloads forever—in other words, use it or lose it each week.
Click and Save
When you're ready to download a track, click the "Download Now" link, select “Save” at the prompt, and designate your flash drive as the drive you wish to save to.
PLEASE NOTE: Files will play/stream on iPads/tablets and smart phones, but you CANNOT save to these devices. So using these devices with the site directly will not work. Downloading needs to be done via computer. ALSO PLEASE NOTE: Anytime you click on the "Download now" link, even if you cancel the download, the download will count toward your weekly allotment.
Having trouble finding your band in the Artist Search box?
Find bands that begin with "The" in their name, alphabetized under the letter "T."
Once in a while, your Internet connection may be interrupted or time out and you might experience an incomplete or problem download. Freegal Music allows you to download previously downloaded songs again, without using up one of your weekly downloads.
Use the Smart Search box for suggestions when you know the name of the album, artist, or song. As you type into the search box, a list of possible artist names, track names, or album names will drop down from the search tool. Click on one of the suggestions to access tracks from only that artist. If you type in a word and hit enter without selecting a suggestion, the search results will include anything that has that word in the track, name, or album.
Use the Advanced Search to search by composer, or genre, as well as by artist, song, or album.