The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Business Internship is an unpaid opportunity designed as a semester-term assignment to assist the center staff with day-to-day tasks, administrative work, and current small business clients. The intern typically does not manage his/her own client projects, but rather assists other team members in achieving goals. This internship will allow students to gain business experience, strengthen their resume, and potentially earn a professional recommendation at the conclusion of the term.
This opportunity is open to student interns or volunteers.
- Provide administrative support as requested
- Serve as the face of the SBDC by greeting and welcoming clients
- Assist walk-ins by answering questions, helping them to register in the Ohio SBDC client system, administering pre-counseling surveys, and registering clients for sessions, classes, and counseling appointments
- Assist the center staff as needed with interesting and creative consulting projects
- Help maintain a well-run and organized office by ensuring office supplies, forms, and brochures are available to office staff and clients at all times
- Current Undergraduate or Graduate student status at Cleveland State University
- Must have means of transportation to commute to Cleveland Heights-University Heights Library to cover scheduled shifts
- Intern would begin work as soon as possible, and must be available to work a minimum of 4 hours/week to a maximum of 20 hours/week for the duration of the semester
- Strong written and verbal communication with an outgoing and patient demeanor
- Strong computer skills (email, Internet navigation and research, Microsoft Office applications and Google applications) are desired
- Administrative or business management experience is desired
- Lauren E Smith
- (216) 321-1633
- Email: L.E.Smith7@vikes.csuohio.edu