Part-time positions available for Adult Services Associates to work at our Lee Road location. You will provide information services to customers by instructing them on the use of reference resources and recommending materials; instructing customers in the use of library materials and equipment; and participating in the development and presentation of library programming to promote literacy and library use.
- Bachelor’s degree or some college with equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills required with the ability to interact effectively with all customer age groups.
- Must be patient and adaptable to working with customers of varying degrees of computer and office equipment skill and knowledge.
- Knowledge of informational reference resources.
- Ability to provide customer support with technology and software applications such as Microsoft Office and other web-based programs.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of 20 hours per week, covering days, evenings and especially weekends.
- Physical requirements include ability to stand, sit, bend, and push.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customer’s needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Salary & Benefits
Salary range $17.75 to $26.25, starting salary commensurate with experience and work history. Ohio Public Employees Retirement System; paid vacation, sick time, and paid parental leave.
Submit cover letter, resume, and application no later than January 20, 2022.
EEO /Drug free workplace employer