Want to work with a truly customer-focused team? We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to offer quality reference assistance with a proactive service attitude. Candidates must have excellent problem-solving skills and value teamwork.
Librarians provide reference services, instruct in the use of technology and library equipment, look for service needs in our community, develop programming, and provide outreach services. They also regularly act as the person in charge of the building.
We work closely with the Cleveland Heights-University Heights communities to advance the goals of the Library and our community.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in library science from an accredited institution.
- Ability to work effectively with the public and comfortable taking “building in-charge” duties.
- Ability to effectively provide service to a diverse population.
- Empathy such as the ability to build rapport, listen, understand customer and coworker’s needs, and the ability to see multiple perspectives.
- Knowledgeable of reference resources and have the desire to help customers of all age groups when and where they need assistance.
- Desire to supervise library page staff.
- Excellent technology skills and aptitude for helping customers with computer programs such as Microsoft Office and web-based programs such as Overdrive eMedia Collection. Experience using SIRSI and Bibliocommons a plus.
- Valid Driver’s license and transportation required.
- Public library experience helpful.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. The needs of our customers are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
The annual salary range starts at $19.40 per hour, annually $40,352.00 but will consider commensurate knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, we pay 4% of your 10% OPERS contribution and provide health insurance, life insurance, ten paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave benefits, including six weeks of paid parental leave. Schedules will include daytime, evening, and weekend shifts for a 40-hour workweek.
Submit cover letter, resume, and application.
Job closes on August 4, 2021.
EEO & Drug Free Workplace Employer