Management opportunity available to lead the Adult Services Department of the Lee Road Branch of the Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library. What we are looking for is demonstrated excellence in the areas of customer service, leadership, planning and development, community involvement, communications and staff development. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with progressive levels of responsibility in a public library environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Empathy such as ability to build rapport, listen, understand customer and coworker’s needs, and ability to see multiple perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and supervise the work of others through effective leadership, supervisory, and team building techniques.
- Comfortable with building “in-charge” duties.
- Knowledge of library policies, regulations, principles and practices of library science.
- Experience with budget development and administration.
- Ability to effectively present in a variety of formal settings.
- Expertise in the planning, development and implementation of library programs or initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities, and to bring complex issue to resolution.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity software and other software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills required with the ability to interact effectively and patiently with all customer age groups.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of 40 hours per week, which includes evening shifts, and rotating days, evenings and weekends.
- Physical requirements include ability to stand, sit, bend, push, and lift 25 lbs.
- Valid transportation and ability to travel to other library branches.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customer’s needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (we pay 4% of your 10% required contribution), vacation/sick time, and 10 paid holidays. We offer medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability plans and 6 weeks of paid parental leave. Pay range $51,085.00 to $76,648. Starting salary commensurate with experience and skills.
To be fully considered, include a cover letter, and your resume. Application period closes August 6, 2021.
EEO /Drug free workplace employer