Part-time position available for a Buildings Assistant. This person will provide general grounds and building maintenance. Must be available to work a varied schedule of 20 hours per week, covering days, evenings, and weekends. This person will also assist with the Library’s monthly Mobile Pantry service to the public in our partnership with the Cleveland Food Bank.
- Empties exterior trash and pick up litter on library grounds.
- Assists with the monthly Mobile Pantry including receiving pallets of food items, moving boxes, setting up tents, breakdown of boxes, and assisting with clean-up.
- Performs other miscellaneous grounds maintenance.
- Assists with moving furniture and materials.
- Paints interior walls and assembles/repairs furniture and equipment as needed.
- Performs duties at all four library branch locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A valid driver’s license preferred.
- Able to operate light equipment from general instructions and established objectives.
- Ability to complete assignments from general instructions or established objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a self-directed capacity to complete multiple tasks.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with leadership, peers, and customers.
- Valid transportation to travel to other library branches to perform job duties is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work efficiently and process work in an accurate and expedient manner.
- Ability to use office technology systems including personal computers, software programs (i.e., word processing, and email), and other job-related systems.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customers’ needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
The salary range starts at $15.50 per hour or equitable within our range for skills, experience, and abilities. The Library offers vacation, sick leave benefits, ten paid holidays, paid parental leave, and Ohio Public Employees Retirement. Library picks up 4% of 10% of employee required contribution to OPERS.
No phone calls, please. The position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace