The Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library is currently seeking a full-time bicycle enthusiast to fill our new community outreach position. Duties will include reaching out to the community with our book bike, coordinating staff outreach visits in our new library outreach van, and providing communications support to the Communications Department. Other duties include writing articles for Library and community publications, proofreading, gathering marketing data and creating reports, and providing social media content for the Library’s social media sites. Position also represents the library at community events. This person will also coordinate, plan and produce Library radio spots with the Library’s partner JCU. They also provide creative support by managing the Library’s public art gallery and coordinating assignments for our volunteer program.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Community Relations or other related field.
- Knowledge, experience and confidence in riding and handling a bicycle with a trailer.
- Relevant job experience, education or volunteer experience.
- Outgoing and personable and enjoy working with customers of all ages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective presentation of information and strong spoken language skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent technology skills with experience with Microsoft Office and web-based programs.
- Valid Driver’s license with reliable transportation required.
- Comfortable working outdoors in varied weather conditions.
- Public library experience helpful.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include days, evenings and weekends.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customer’s needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Salary range starts at $15.38 per hour. We offer health insurance, vacation, and sick leave benefits. Public employees participate in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System. Work schedule is 40 hours per week; may include some evenings and weekends.
Applicants submit cover letter, resume, and application by October 18, 2018. No phone calls please.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer