Management public service opportunity is available to lead the Continuing Education Department of the Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library. This department is headquartered at the Lee Road Branch, in the Heights Knowledge and Innovation Center, where staff teach computer and technology classes to the public and provide technology classes to outreach customers. The department also provides programs in the S.T.E.A.M. Lab. Multi-Media Lab equipment and software, including Adobe Creative Cloud, GarageBand, iMovie, Microsoft Office (advanced skills), Windows and Mac operating systems, and Emerging Technologies and the Maker Movement.
We are looking for demonstrated excellence in the areas of customer service, leadership, planning and development, and community involvement. You will be responsible for the management of ten (10) direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience in a learning environment especially in a public service environment. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with progressive levels of responsibility including supervisory responsibility in a learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and supervise the work of others through effective leadership, supervisory, and team building techniques.
- Experience with budget development and administration.
- Expertise in planning, development, and implementation of technology programs or initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities, and to bring complex issue to resolution.
- Experience in course development and instructional design desired.
- Strong communication skills.
- Empathy such as ability to build rapport, listen, understand customer and coworker’s needs, and ability to see multiple perspectives.
- Comfortable with building “in-charge” duties.
- Ability to effectively present in a variety of formal settings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity software and other software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills required with the ability to interact effectively and patiently with all customer age groups.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of 40 hours per week, which includes evening shifts, and rotating days, evenings, and weekends.
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand, sit, bend, push, and lift 25 lbs.
- Valid transportation and ability to travel to other library branches.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customers’ needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Salary & Benefits
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (we pay 4% of your 10% required contribution), vacation/sick time, and 10 paid holidays. We offer medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability plans and 6 weeks of paid parental leave. Starting salary is $53,456 to $66,830. Starting salary commensurate with experience and skills.
To be considered please include a cover letter and résumé with your application. Position closes on Monday, January 30, 2023. No phone calls please.
EEO /Drug free workplace employer