View full digital copies of your favorite magazines with the RBdigital Magazines. Magazine issues don’t have to be returned so they are available to you at any time. Read online or offline by downloading issues to your computer or mobile device. You must have a current Heights Libraries card to use these collections.
The library subscribes to over 200 titles. Only these titles are available for free viewing. Additional titles may be purchased from the RBdigital site.
Follow the directions below. You will need:
- A computer or a mobile device with the RBdigital app installed
- A Heights Libraries card number
- An email address
Getting Started – First Time Users:
1. Create an account at the Heights Libraries’ RBdigital Magazines site. This is where you will select your magazines.
- Connect to the Heights Libraries’ RBdigital Magazines site using your browser, NOT the app.
- Click the Create New Account button
- Enter your library card number, click Next
- Enter your First Name, Last Name and email address. Create a User Name and Password. Click Create Account.
- Check your email account for an email from RB Digital Portal
- Click on the link to activate your account
- Go back to the library’s RBdigital Magazines site, click Return to Login
- Log in with your User Name and Password.
2. Install the RBdigital Magazines app on your mobile device.
- Download the RBdigital Magazines app for Android, iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD/HDX
- Sign in with your User Name and Password
A mobile device is not necessary as magazines are easy to read on a computer or laptop.
How It Works – If You Already Have An Account
Connect to the Heights Libraries’ RBdigital Magazines site using your browser, NOT the app
- Log in with your User Name and Password
- Click on RBdigitalGateway
- Browse and Click on a magazine to view details
- Click the Checkout button to add the magazine to My Collection
- A pop-up window will indicate the magazine has been checked out. You can then Keep Browsing or Start Reading.
- To return to the main browsing page click on RBdigital Magazines Collection
Read Your Magazines Online using a Computer or Laptop
- Connect to the Heights Libraries’ RBdigital Magazines site using your browser
- Log in to your RBdigital Magazines account
- Click on My Collection
- Click on one of your magazines to open it. The RBdigital Magazines Reader will open in a separate tab.
Read Your Magazines using a Mobile Device
- Get the RBdigital Magazines site app for your mobile device
- Open the app on your mobile device, PC or Mac
- Log in with your User Name and Password
- Magazine titles showing a cloud and blue arrow icon indicate the magazine is ready to download. You must be online to download the magazines.
- When the download is complete you can read the magazine issue offline
- Only magazines that have been downloaded through the app (for PC, Mac or mobile device) can be read offline
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I check out a magazine from the library’s RBdigital Magazines site?
Use your browser (not the app) to go to the library’s RBdigital Magazines site and follow the steps above to log in and select a magazine.
How do I read a magazine that I already have checked out?
Read magazines from your RBdigital Magazines account on a computer or mobile device:
- From a computer that is online, connect to your RBdigital Magazines account.
- From a computer, the RBdigital Magazines Reader will automatically open and load your magazine content
- From a mobile device, use the RBdigital Magazines app. Remember to download the magazine to your device while you’re online.
How do I remove magazine issues from my RBdigital Magazines account?
- Connect to your RBdigital Magazines account using your browser (not the app)
- Log in and click My Collection, then My Magazines from the link in the drop-down menu at the top right hand corner
- Click the Remove button under each issue
Can I print from a magazine?
Print options are determined by the publisher. You may be able to print a single page, a range of pages or none at all. In order to print you must be logged in to your RBdigital Magazines account using a browser or the PC/Mac app. Click the printer button on the bottom left side of the screen. Printing is not available from the mobile app.