Superheroes are breaking out of comics and landing in prose short stories and novels.
Below is a reading list of superhero and super-villain books — novels and anthologies — that I’ve assembled for myself.
I’ve already read, and enjoyed, the first four books. Soon I Will Be Invincible was a lot of fun while I couldn’t put down The Liminal People until I was done.
Soon I want to start reading Ex Heroes, the first book in a series which blends superheroes with zombies.
How many of these have you read?
In and Out of Capes
Interested in one or more of these books? Click the mouse on the book title to order it from your local CLEVNET library.
- Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman
- I Am A Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be your Class President by Josh Lieb
- The Liminal People by Ayize Jama-Everett
- Amped: A Novel by Daniel H. Wilson
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
- Ex Heroes by Peter Clines
- Empire State: A Novel by Adam Christopher
- Seven Wonders by Adam Christopher
- Devil’s Cape by Rob Rogers
- Black and White (Icarus Project Series #1) by Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge
- A Once Crowded Sky: A Novel by Tom King
- Prepare to Die!: A Novel of Superheroes, Sex, and Secret Origins by Paul Tobin
- Masked: An Awe-Inspiring Anthology of All-Original Superhero Fiction edited by Lou Anders
- Who Can Save Us Now?: Brand-new Superheroes and Their Amazing (Short) Stories edited by Owen King and John McNally
- Superheroes edited by Rich Horton
- Wild Cards I edited by George R. R. Martin
Check Out This Version:
You can view another version of In and Out of Capes book list at the CLEVNET webcatalog.
(This post was last updated March 12, 2014 to add new books in the series.)