Heights Libraries –
Your Community Gathering Place
- Reservation requests can be made up to 3 months in advance and no less than 4 days prior to the requested meeting date. Decisions on meeting room use are subject to review by the Board of Library Trustees.
- Reservations requests are pending until approved by the library. Reservations will be approved or denied within 4-7 business days. Requests are not approved on Saturday or Sunday.
- Due to the high demand for meeting rooms any patron or group may only reserve meeting rooms twice a month.
- Rooms must be cleaned and tables and chairs put back according to the diagram on the door, failure to do so may result in loss of deposit or meeting room access.
- Payment for private meetings can be made by cash, check or credit card at any Heights Library and must be paid in full prior to the meeting.
- Library programs take precedence over all other scheduled meeting room events. While it is rare, you might be contacted to change your reservation if there is a conflict with a pending library event.
- The library reserves the right to close in the event of an emergency and will refund all fees if your meeting cannot be rescheduled.
- The library assumers no responsibility for items left unattended or left in the library.
- All meeting room requests must be made online at www.heightslibrary.org .
For Non-Profit Organization Meetings
Meeting rooms can be used for free by non-profits provided the meeting is open to the general public. Please provide us with your 501(c)(3) documentation (click here for a sample) or proof of registration with the Ohio Secretary of State’s office (click here for a sample).
The documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 216-932-0932.
Organizations affiliated with schools or other government entities may also use meeting rooms for free. A religious group cannot use library meeting rooms as their primary place of worship.
For Private Social Events
The use of rooms for social purposes includes but is not limited to birthday parties, wedding or baby showers, or other celebrations, not open to the public. Reservations may only be made by residents living within the boundaries of the Cleveland Hts.-University Hts. City School District who have a Heights library card in good standing with no fines and or fees are on their library card.
The individual who makes the room reservation must be in attendance at the event and sign in at the library circulation desk to gain entry to the room.
A $100 refundable deposit is required and there is a room charge of $30 an hour, per room. Refunds will be issued within 14 days. Funds will be deducted from the deposit if there is any damage to library property, if rooms are left in disarray or if use causes a disruption to library operations.
For Private Business Events
Private groups may also use meeting rooms for staff meetings, trainings, etc. A $100 refundable deposit is required and there is a room charge of $30 an hour, per room. Refunds will be issued within 14 days. Funds will be deducted from the deposit if there is any damage to library property, the rooms is left in disarray, or if use causes a disruption to library operations.
Solicitation for business or the sale or goods and/or services are not allowed in the meeting rooms.