Heights Libraries purchased the Noble Presbyterian Church and surrounding property one year ago. The purchase will enable us to expand the Noble building and improve library services to Noble residents by adding public meeting rooms, a larger computer lab, and other improvements.
To make room for these expansions, we will be tearing down the church. The demolition will begin on Wednesday, April 6, and will last approximately four weeks.
The demolition company, C&J, will take the following steps to ensure the safety and comfort of Noble Neighborhood residents reduring the process:
- The area will be fenced off for the duration of the demolition
- All utilities will be shut off before demolition
- The building will be continually sprayed with water to keep dust to a minimum
- The demolition work will begin at approximately 7:30 a.m. and end at approximately 3:30 p.m. each day.
- After demolition and clean up are complete, the site will be graded and seed will be planted.
- The library will mow and maintain the area until construction begins.
Architect selection for the renovation will take place at the March 21 Regular Board Meeting, 6:30 p.m. at the Lee Road branch.
Before any construction begins, the Library will hold community meetings to discuss the renovations and additions to the current building. The schedule of those meetings will be posted on the Library’s website on the Noble Renovations page.