Under direct supervision, the Page sorts, shelves, and maintains library materials in proper order in assigned areas. May assist with light clerical duties and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Sorts, shelves, and maintains library materials.
- Empties book drops and other returned material receptacles.
- Helps maintain orderliness of library, including displays and shelving.
- Assists with pulling materials for pull lists and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Processes reserved materials as needed.
- Able to reach, bend, climb, squat, lift 25lbs, push up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
Must be at least (18) years old to be able to work a combination of morning, afternoon, and evening shifts.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to accurately classify, and organize library materials.
- Ability to work efficiently and process work in an accurate and expedient manner.
- Ability to complete assignments from general instructions or established procedures.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to use office technology.
- Must be able to work 16 – 20 hours per week; schedule covers a combination of morning, afternoon, and evening shifts, including weekends.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customers’ needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) and we pick up 4% of employee contribution. Employees earn PTO and receive 10 paid holidays. Starting Pay: $12/hour.
Position closes on February 6, 2023. No phone calls please.
EEO /Drug free workplace employer.