Everyone has a book in them but no one know how to go about it.
On Thursday May 22, 2014, at 7:00pm, I’ll be teaching a class at Noble Library called “So You Want to Write a Story”.
I prepared this book list for that class but I couldn’t wait until May to share it with you.
The books listed below will not make you a New York Times Bestselling author, but they may help you finish your novel and perhaps even make a sale.
So You Want to be a Writer?
Interested in one or more of these books? Click the mouse on the book cover to read more about it and order it from your local CLEVNET library.
- Breathing Life into your Characters: How to give your characters emotional and psychological depth by Rachel Friedman Ballon
- Deep Writing: 7 Principles That Bring Ideas to Life by Eric Maisel
- If You Want to Write: A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit by Brenda Ueland
- Janet Evanovich’s How I Write: Secrets of A Bestselling Author by Janet Evanovich
- The Liar’s Bible: A Handbook for Fiction Writers by Lawrence Block
- Literary Market Place: The Directory of the American Book Publishing Industry with Industry Yellow Pages edited by Information Today, Inc.
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft (10th Anniversary Edition) by Stephen King
- So You Want to Write: How to Master the Craft of Fiction and the Personal Narrative by Marge Piercy and Ira Wood
- Supplies: A Troubleshooting Guide for Creative Difficulties by Julia Cameron
- This Year You Write your Novel by Walter Mosley
- The Writer’s Market: The Most Trusted Guide to Getting Published by Writer’s Digest Books
- A Writer’s Space: Make Room to Dream, to Work, to Write by Eric Maisel
Check Out Another Version of This List
You can view another version of So You Want to be a Writer? book list.
(This post was last updated March 4, 2014 to add new information in the introduction.)