Those that don’t have it believe they can never develop it.
Those that have some believe they never have enough or enough of the right type.
The truth is, creativity is the birthright of every human being but one must practice using it — exercise it like a muscle — to enhance their creative selves.
The books in this list discuss the many aspects of creativity. They will show you how to claim and nurture your creativity. All it takes is a little work — a little work that can be a lot of fun.
So You Want to Improve Your Creativity?
Interested in one or more of these books? Click the mouse on the book cover to read more about it and order it from your local CLEVNET library.
- Accidental Genius: Revolutionize your Thinking through Private Writing by Mark Levy
- The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity (The Artist’s Way Series #1) by Julia Cameron
- Brainstorm: Harnessing the Power of Productive Obsessions by Eric Maisel
- Coaching the Artist within: Advice for Writers, Actors, Visual Artists, and Musicians from America’s Foremost Creativity Coach by Eric Maisel
- The Complete Artist’s Way: Creativity as A Spiritual Practice (The Artist’s Way Series #1-3) by Julia Cameron
- The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life: A Practical Guide by Twyla Tharp, with Mark Reiter
- Do the Work!: Overcome Resistance and Get Out of your Own Way (The War of Art Series #2) by Steven Pressfield
- Fearless Creating: A Step-by-step Guide to Starting and Completing your Work of Art by Eric Maisel
- Finding Water: The Art of Perserverance (The Artist’s Way Series #3) by Julia Cameron
- Imagine: How Creativity Works by Jonah Lehrer
- How to Think like Leonardo Da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day by Michael J. Gelb
- Mastering Creative Anxiety: Twenty-four Lessons for Writers, Painters, Musicians, and Actors from America’s Foremost Creativity Coach by Eric Maisel
- Sleep Thinking: The Revolutionary Program That Helps You Solve Problems, Reduce Stress, and Increase Creativity While You Sleep by Eric Maisel
- The Sound of Paper: Starting from Scratch by Julia Cameron
- The Vein of Gold: A Journey to your Creative Heart by Julia Cameron
- Walking in This World: The Practical Art of Creativity (The Artist’s Way Series #2) by Julia Cameron
- The War of Art: Winning the Creative Battle (The War of Art Series #1) by Steven Pressfield
Check Out Another Version of This List
You can view another version of So You Want to Improve Your Creativity? book list complete with my annotations for many of the books at the CLEVNET webcatalog.