Part-time position available for a Technology Assistant to work in our state-of-the-art computer lab. You will be assisting customers in the use of computers, scanners and other related office equipment; assisting customers with a variety of web-based applications; addressing minor computer issues; and taking phone reservations for many different library programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills required with the ability to interact effectively with all customer age groups.
- Must be patient and adaptable to working with customers of varying degrees of computer and office equipment skill and knowledge.
- Ability to provide customer support with technology and software applications such as Microsoft Office and other web-based programs.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where you will be moving from task to task.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule of 20 hours per week, covering days, evenings and especially weekends.
- Physical requirements include ability to stand, sit, bend, and push.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customer’s needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System; paid vacation and sick time. Starting salary range $11.63 to $16.74 commensurate with experience and work history.
Submit cover letter, resume and application no later than 5:00 pm on November 16, 2018. No phone calls please.
EEO /Drug free workplace employer