The Heights Libraries is committed to providing high quality technology instruction to customers of all ages. The Library offers a variety of classes ranging from basic computer literacy skills to Maker workshops. We’re currently looking for a customer centered Technology Trainer to join our team. This individual will develop course content, deliver instruction in both a classroom and one-on-one learning environment, and assist customers with computer, multi-media lab, and STEAM Lab questions in the Heights Knowledge and Innovation Center (HKIC).
Applicants must be able to make the complex simple and fun, and enjoy training and providing customer support to all ages.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience in a learning environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in training.
- Experience in course development and instructional design desired.
- Experience with multi-media lab programming preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Multi-Media Lab equipment and software, including Adobe Creative Cloud, GarageBand, iMovie
- Microsoft Office (advanced skills)
- Windows and Mac operating systems
- Emerging Technologies and the Maker Movement
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customer’s needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Our benefits package includes medical and life insurance benefits and pension with the Ohio Public Employee’s Retirement System, with a library pick-up 4% of the employee obligation. We also offer life insurance, medical benefits, vacation and sick time, and paid parental leave.
Technology Trainers will be expected to work a schedule of 40 hours per week including weekdays, evenings, and weekends. The salary range starts at $20.40 per hour.
For full consideration submit cover letter, resume, and application. Open until filled. No phone calls please.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer