In the Youth Services Department, we provide service to those from birth to age 18 and the adults who care for them, within our own walls and out in the community. We are seeking an individual with excellent communication and customer service skills to join our Youth Services team at the University Heights Branch. Being passionate about public libraries and working with children and teens is key for success. Candidates must also be proficient in technology and enjoy working on a team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of youth programming, including story-times.
- Providing reader’s advisory and reference assistance to children of all ages and their caregivers.
- Assisting customers of all ages in the full use of the Library and its digital and print resources.
Promoting Library resources, programs, and services.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working creatively with youth.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, bend, sit, and kneel.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation to perform outreach.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customer’s needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System; paid vacation and sick time. Salary range $15.38 to $22.13, starting salary commensurate with experience and work history.Cover letter and resume required. Job closes on February 22, 2019. No phone calls please.
EEO /Drug free workplace employer