We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to offer quality reference assistance with a pro-active service attitude. In our Youth Services Department, we provide service to those from birth to age 18, as well as for the adults who care for them.
We are seeking individuals with excellent communication and customer service skills to join our Youth Services team. Being passionate about public libraries and working with children, teens, and the public is key for success. Candidates must have excellent problem solving skills and value teamwork.
Librarians provide reference services to customers and instruct in the use of library materials, technology and equipment. They are responsible for a segment of the collection, programming, and contributing to outreach. Librarians work closely with the Cleveland Heights-University Heights communities, CHUH schools, and area daycares to advance the goals of the Library.
- Master’s degree in library science from an accredited institution.
- Desire and ability to work with the public.
- Comfortable taking “building in-charge” duties.
- Knowledgeable of reference resources and have the desire to help customers when and where they need assistance.
- Excellent technology skills and aptitude for helping customers with computer programs such as Microsoft Office and web based programs such as Overdrive eMedia Collection.
- Experience using SIRSI and Bibliocommons a plus.
- Valid Driver’s license and transportation required. Public library experience helpful.
Heights Libraries began its mission to serve the community in 1916. We have grown and expanded significantly in the intervening years, but our founding ideals of providing outstanding library services, staff, and facilities has not changed. Our customer’s needs are our first priority. Our goal is to anticipate and fulfill those needs to provide our customers with a unique and rewarding library experience. We strive to be a community gathering place and provide an environment where all are welcome.
Salary range $40,352 to $60,528. We offer OPERS with Library 4% pick-up of employee contribution, health insurance, paid parental leave, life insurance, vacation, and sick leave benefits. Schedules will include daytime, evening, and weekend hours for a 40-hour workweek.
Submit cover letter, resume, and application. Position closes on March 3, 2021.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer