Volunteering at the library is a great way to help out your community as well as learn a new skill or explore a potential career path.
At Heights Libraries, volunteers have…
- Led the summer lunch program
- Helped lend a hand at special children’s programs
- Grown vegetables in the community garden
- Helped add content to the Cleveland Memory Project
- Passed out free books from the Book Bike
What can you expect as a volunteer?
- Respect from staff members
- An orientation to volunteering at the library
- A friendly fun work environment
What does the library expect from volunteers?
- Respect toward volunteer supervisors, staff, and customers
How do you volunteer?
Fill out the volunteer application, which can be found here: Volunteer Application
Return it to the library and the library will contact you to talk about potential volunteer jobs.
- Volunteers under 18 need a parent or guardian signature.
- Volunteers over 18 will be asked to submit to a background check.
You can also volunteer with the FRIENDS of the Heights Libraries!
Friends of the Heights Libraries is a 501(c)(3) organization that raises funds to help sustain and support specialized programming for adults and children at the four branches of the Heights Library system. The FRIENDS have many volunteer opportunities from sorting donated books for their ongoing book sales, to helping bring donated collections of book and media to Library, to staffing our Mega Book Sales and the Harvey and Friends Bookshop. Find out more.