Volunteering at the library is a great way to help out your community as well as learn a new skill or explore a potential career path.
At Heights Libraries, volunteers have…
- Led the summer lunch program
- Helped lend a hand at special children’s programs
- Grown vegetables in the community garden
- Helped add content to the Cleveland Memory Project
- Passed out free books from the Book Bike
What can you expect as a volunteer?
- Respect from staff members
- An orientation to volunteering at the library
- A friendly fun work environment
What does the library expect from volunteers?
- Respect toward volunteer supervisors, staff, and customers
How do you volunteer?
Fill out the volunteer application, which can be found here: Volunteer Application
Return it to the library and the library will contact you to talk about potential volunteer jobs.
- Volunteers under 18 need a parent or guardian signature.
- Volunteers over 18 will be asked to submit to a background check.