We are happy to offer computer reservations again at our four branches.
Please be aware, however, that due to COVID-19, current computer use will look very different from pre-COVID computer use.
Here are our new computer-use requirements and guidelines. Please read them all.
- Computer use is now by reservation only, and reservations may only be made by phone; walk-ups and online reservations are not available at this time. You may make a reservation by calling (216) 932-3600, ext. 1221, starting September 10 at 1:30.
- To reserve a computer, you must have a library card. We will no longer provide guest passes. If you do not have a card, you may apply for a regular card in one of our buildings.
- You may have one computer session per day. Sessions last for 45 minutes. Once your session is over, you must leave the computer area.
- No same-day reservations are permitted. Reservations may be made for tomorrow, or any day up to two weeks in the future.
- You must wear a mask to enter the building, with both your nose and mouth covered. It must remain on your face while you are using the computer.
- Due to the need for social distancing, staff will have very limited ability to assist you with the computers.
- You may bring ONE personal item with you into the computer area, such as a bag, purse, backpack, briefcase, etc.
- You cannot bring another person with you for your computer session.
- You cannot eat or drink while using the computer.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes ahead of your session. Signs and staff will direct you to your computer when it is time for your session to begin.
- You will get five dollars-worth of free printing daily (50 B&W or 10 color). You will not be able to add extra funds to your account.
- Copying, scanning, and printing from a USB will be available on our copiers.
If you cannot meet these requirements, please contact us and we will try to find a way to serve you.