The Lee Road Local History Room contains the following:
- Cleveland and East Suburban City Directories
- Heights High Caldron yearbooks and alumni directories
- Local history reference book collection
- Sun Press and Cleveland Press microfilm
- Local history lectures and Cleveland Heights city council meetings on dvd
- Archival photographs, blueprints, and other documents chronicling the history of Heights Libraries
- Microfilm reader ScanPro 2200
- Book scanner KIC Bookeye 4v2
Rules of Operation
The Lee Road local history room is available for walk-ins on most weekday afternoons from 2–4 pm and by special appointment. To schedule an appointment, please email our local history librarian at email@example.com. Be sure to include the date and time that you would like to use the space, and a description of your research request and the technology that you would like to use (if any).
If you would like to borrow our local history reference books, including our city directories or yearbooks, you can do so at any time by stopping by the second-floor reference desk. Please specify what volumes you would like to borrow, and our adult services staff will bring those materials out to you to fulfill your request.
Technology available in the local history space includes a microfilm reader and a book scanner. Both of these machines have specific guidelines for use which are outlined below.
To make an appointment to use the microfilm reader/book scanner:
- You must be 18 years old and have a valid library card in good standing
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requested date and time along with the equipment that you would like to use
- At the time of your appointment your identity must be confirmed via a photo ID such as a driver’s license or student ID
- Your photo ID and library card will be held during use of the machine
- You will need to sign in and sign out for each session to confirm your use of the equipment
- The first time that you use the equipment you will need to attend a ten minute orientation session with library staff
Questions? The fastest way to reach us is by emailing our local history librarian at email@example.com. You can also reach us by phone at (216) 932-3600 Ext. 1248.