Want to Serve Your Community?
Heights Libraries Is Accepting Applications for a New Board Member
The Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library is now accepting applications for a new board member, with applications due at noon on Friday November 18, 2022.
The following criteria are used in making an appointment to the Board of Library Trustees:
- Consideration will be given to a diversity of interests, a balance of age, sex, ethnic background and socioeconomic levels, geographic distribution and experience and/or knowledge in a variety of fields.
- The Board should strive to include members with: professional experience in law, education, marketing, finance/accounting and personnel; practical business experience, executive ability, management skills, and plain common sense; political know–how.
- Because of the requirements of funding and support, consideration will be given to people who are active in community affairs and have access to resources and/or affiliations with other organizations of importance to the library.
- Nominees should have an interest in the work of the public library, a commitment to its goals, a recognition of its importance as a center of information for community culture, recreation and continuing education, and the ability to work as the member of a team. They should be willing to ask questions, offer criticism and make suggestions. They should have the courage to plan creatively.
- A commitment to the concepts of intellectual freedom is essential.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application, and return the completed application to email@example.com no later than Friday, November 18 by noon (12 p.m.).
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an informational meeting about library board service on Thursday, November 17, at 6:30 pm, in person. RSVP to Nancy Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, contact the Library at (216) 932-3600 ext. 1200.
The Cleveland Heights-University Heights School Board will interview candidates on Tuesday, December 6 at 6:30 p.m. Interviews last roughly 15 minutes. Appointees will be notified Wednesday, Dec. 7.