The Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library is pleased to announce it received its fifth State of Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction for its 2016 financial audit. The award is given to government entities that file a comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) and other financial reports with the State of Ohio, and receive a clean audit report. Fewer than 5 percent of government offices in Ohio receive the award.
“The award is great news for us and for the taxpayers in our community,” said Heights Libraries Director Nancy Levin. “They can rest assured we have been spending money wisely, and will continue to do so.”
In May 2014, Heights Libraries received its first State of Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction for its 2012 financial audit.
Criteria for the award includes:
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
Heights Libraries CAFR reports are available at the Lee Road branch, 2345 Lee Road, in Cleveland Heights, or can be downloaded at https://heightslibrary.org/about-the-library/.