Your library card gives you access to more than just books! Heights Libraries has added several new digital collections specializing in movies, TV shows, and documentaries. No need to come to the library before movie night – with Kanopy, Acorn TV, and more, you can check out movies 24/7, wherever you are!
Enjoy classic movies, thoughtful documentaries, and TV shows, including the Criterion Collection with Kanopy. Heights Libraries card holders are limited to 10 checkouts (also known as play credits) per month. Movies are checked out for 3 days and can be viewed through the Kanopy apps for iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
To get started with Kanopy:
- Select Kanopy from the Movies & TV page of the Heights Libraries Digital Collection. This collection is also accessible at heightslibrary.kanopy.com.
- Click the Sign Up button in the top right corner of the screen
- Complete the form in the resulting dialog box, including first and last name, email address, password, and library card.
- Click on the Sign Up
To browse genres, hover over the Browse link at the top of the screen and select a category or subcategory.
- Click in the Search box at the top.
- Type in a keyword.
- Press Enter or click on the magnifying glass
To play a movie,
- Click on the cover of the movie.
- Click on the play button.
Check Out Limits
To check out a movie, you must press play on a film and have the film play for at least 5 seconds. Once a movie is checked out, you will have a full 3 days (72 hours) to watch the film as many times as you would like without using another check out, even if a new month starts and your check outs reset. Your Viewing History (when accessing from a web or mobile browser) will show any film that is still available to view in your 3 day window. Heights Libraries card holders are limited to 10 check outs per month.
Acorn TV, Indie Flix, Stingray Qello, and Great Courses
RBdigital offers several video streaming options:
- Acorn TV – top British movies and TV shows
- Indie Flix – independent movies, documentaries, and TV shows
- Stingray Qello – concert films and musical documentaries
- Great Courses – courses on history, health, science and more, taught by experts
These services can be accessed through the RBdigital app for iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, and Samsung Smart TV.
Before accessing these services, you must create an RBdigital account. To do so:
- Select RBdigital from the Magazines page of the Heights Libraries Digital Collection. This collection is also accessible at clevelandheightsoh.rbdigital.com.
- Click the Create New Account button in the upper right corner of the screen
- Complete the form in the resulting dialog box, including a username, password, library card, first and last name, and email.
- Click on the register
- Scroll down to Entertainment.
- Click on one of the streaming services: Acorn TV, Indie Flix, Stingray Qello, or Great Courses.
- Click on the Checkout
- If checking out a service for the first time, you may need to create an account using an email address and password.
NOTE: You must log in to RBdigital and re-check out these services every 7 days to maintain access.
Need more help?
Made an appointment with a Tech Expert
Get one-on-one help from a library Tech Expert by making an appointment when it’s convenient for you! Just fill out a request at heightslibrary.org/reserve-a-tech-expert or call (216) 932-3600 ext. 1297.
Find help on our website
Visit heightslibrary.org/digital-collection and look for the eMedia FAQs link. You’ll find details including which devices you can use, loan periods, specific service information, and more.
Take a free class
Heights Libraries offers free classes that explain how to access free digital media. Find them in the latest issue of Check Us Out or visit our website at events.heightslibrary.org/computer-classes and register.