At times, files and folders may need to be moved from one location to another on a computer. You can use Move to or Copy to or you can use cut, copy and paste files and folders to move them.
Move to or Copy to
Using the Move to or Copy to method requires just a few mouse clicks.
To move or copy a file or folder to a new location:
- Locate the file or folder to be moved and determine its new location.
- Open the File Explorer Window.
- Click one time on the file or folder to be moved.
- Click on the Home tab on the ribbon and then on the Move to or Copy to icon. A drop-down menu will appear. Choose the destination that you wish the file to move or copy to.
- Click on the destination folder or location and the file or folder will have been moved to the different location.
Cut, Copy, and Paste >>